Skip to main content

Exhibiting at The Other Art Fair Dallas

It's official, I'm going to Dallas! I'll be exhibiting in The Other Art Fair Dallas at the Dallas Market Hall May 9-12, 2024. This is exciting for me since this is the first event of this type and format that I will participate in. Saatchi Art is the main presenter and they hand-pick the artists through applications. I will have more details as the time comes closer. I'm testing out the smallest booth size, but I think it is plenty to start with. The back wall is eight linear feet and side wings are four linear feet each. I am planning a variety of sizes, so as of late I have painted a few 12" x 12" works and have a few more small scale planned. 

Checking out the Spring Dallas fair, I could see that everyone sold art and that it did not matter whether an artist had large or small booths. In-fact, my impression was that the largest booth size might not be necessary since the exhibitors were not galleries but rather individual artists, plus the walls were fairly tall. 

What I have to do between now and the fair will be to assess the works available, find out which works are already framed, find out what frames I have available and what works to match to them, plan what frames I will still need, and what works could be matted and placed in an art bin instead of hung. 

So, I'm pleased, excited, and in the heat of working toward this huge goal all at the same time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artsy Shark—December Featured Artist

I have recently been a Featured Artist on Artsy Shark which is a business consulting firm for artists. Their features are meant to promote artists and provide their stories as well as appeal to art lovers and collectors.  In the article I was able to feature a handful of my works and tell my story in a short and an easy format. The article can be accessed here on Artsy Shark

"Welcome Anybody" painting accepted into Exhibition in Houston

This year's Watercolor Art Society-Houston 47th International Watermedia Exhibition opened in style on March 3rd at the WAS-H Building near downtown Houston. The show boasts 88 masterworks from four countries and 21 states hung Salon style. The opening was well attended and a number of awards given. This year's show was judged by  Vladislav Yeliseyev. My painting "Welcome Anybody" was accepted and it is my fourth year with this show. I am honored to have my work among such great painters. The juror's comment was "This is a high-quality show. It rivals the American Watercolor Society Show." "Welcome Anybody" was completed in late 2023 and is a composition I've wanted to do for quite some time. I visited San Francisco in 2005 on vacation with my spouse and shot many pictures in and around town. This store signage appealed to me because it had such a presence. I waited until the time seemed right because of it's unusual composition. I ha